The successful candidate will become a member of Bank's Group Accounting Policy and report to the Head of Accounting Policy. The candidate will support Finance and Business functions in applying the appropriate accounting for business activities and products.
- Establish /review of the Group's accounting policy framework.
- Recommend and assist in implementation of best in class accounting practices and disclosures standards.
- Advise on accounting policies and treatment, particularly for financial instruments. Work closely with various representatives including tax and capital to derive optimal accounting treatment.
- Monitor proposed new accounting standards, assess their potential impact on the Group and recommend appropriate responses, including drafting comment letters to standard setting bodies.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to build direct relationship with business; participate in finance driven cross functional projects as well as exposure to cross-training within the wider Group Tax and Accounting Policy team.
The applicant should possess the following qualification/ skills:
- Bachelors’ degree in accountancy or similar qualifications
- CPA or Chartered accountant with at least 4 years of post-qualification experience
- Strong IFRS knowledge, especially in one (or more) of the following areas: IFRS 3, IFRS 9, IFRS10, IFRS 15. Experience in hedge accounting would be an advantage
- Prior working experience in a major accounting firm or bank in the areas of technical accounting/ audit/ financial reporting.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with different stakeholders
Interested candidates can forward their cvs to: email@example.com