We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Who we’re looking for
You need to be well versed with the investment management industry, having worked in roles that required delivery of solutions for middle and back office operations. An understanding of regulatory reporting requirements for jurisdictions such as MAS and ASIC is essential, and a working knowledge of order management and data management of securities, especially OTC derivatives, is highly desired.
You will manage your own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contribute to the continuous improvement of the agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
This role will be based in Singapore
You will be part of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability and, while the Agile Analyst’s core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also significantly contribute to development and testing activities.
What you’ll do
- Support Capability [Product] Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that Regulatory features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
- Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Responsible for contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks & etc.
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint.
- Work effectively with developers and testers across/within teams and Vendors as well for delivery.
- Chairing Regulatory Working Party Meetings and contributing to Global Working Party Meetings.
- Work effectively with all business stakeholders local and global that have been engaged as part of service delivery
- Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are meet.
- Supporting the team in readiness for the System Demo
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Committing to developing the wider Global Technology (GT) organization through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
- Take ownership of the delivering to the required outcome including high quality solution for all work assigned and demonstrate sense of urgency in responding to the needs of our clients.
- To provide timely, accurate information of work in progress and ensure/demonstrate that risks / issues are pro-actively managed and escalated in a timely manner
- To ensure Architectural design and processes are reviewed and that appropriate standards of governance and control are consistently followed when delivering change
- Providing 3rd line support in the resolution of Production issues
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Knowledge and experience in implementation and/or managing changes on Regulatory - MAS, ASIC, EMIR, MIFID
- Working with OTC derivative instruments such as CDS, IRS, CFDs and Currency Forwards.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one regulatory reporting vendor capability – Unavista is preferred.
- Knowledge of at least one data vendor’s capabilities – Bloomberg, Reuters, MarkIT, IDC – would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of reference data management especially portfolios, securities, corporate actions is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of MarkitWire and DTCC.
- Preferable knowledge of front and back office investment management systems like Aladdin.
- Strong experience in using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development.
- Excellent understanding of the business context: processes within financial industry for an Asset Management firm.
What you’ll be like
- Degree graduate with at least 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Regulatory BA / Agile Analyst.
- Experience working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
- Ability to handle various deliveries concurrently to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Solution oriented, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Communicate effectively and able to manage relationships across stakeholders and suppliers.
- Self-starter, able to demonstrate autonomy in organization and take ownership of delivery.
- Has a continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement.
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Preferable knowledge on SQL, Scripting, Reporting and Advanced Excel
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred).
- Familiarity with tools and processes for backlog management as well as automated testing/build e.g. VSTS, TFS.
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.