Alerts Management Level B1 Analyst
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
To implement a control framework designed to prevent corruption, money-laundering and financing of terrorism, as well as to comply with embargoes and international financial sanctions and to protect customers' interests at the Group Level, BNP Paribas has set up an alert management framework with an organization of 3 levels to screen and process the alerts triggered on payments.
This role is within the second level of the alert management framework - Level B1. Level B1 is under ITO Corporate Banking's responsibility; this level investigates alerts escalated by the first level, gathers all the relevant information needed (e.g. client identity, economic purpose of the transaction, etc.) and expresses an opinion of whether or not to release the payment. Level B1 will send all reviewed alerts to the validation layer of this second level of the framework - Level B2, which is under Compliance's responsibility. Level B2 will make a final decision either to release, reject/block or escalate to the third level of the framework.
Level B1 will provide geographic coverage across APAC countries and will cover Corporate Banking, Global Markets and Wealth Management activities.
1. Investigation of sanctions alerts
• Review and investigate alerts escalated from the first level of the framework for potential sanctions violations in accordance with Group Compliance procedures, decision grids and in compliance with local and global regulations;
• Obtain all necessary information and documentation in compliance with Group Compliance procedures and decision grids in a timely manner from the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) located in the operations teams;
• Formalize an analysis based on the transaction investigation;
• Formalize an opinion to release or block the transaction.
2. Operational Support
• Support Level B1 management to review and update Level B1 documentation such as the procedures and decision grids as and when requested;
• Support Level B1 management to ensure any operational risk related incidents are reported in accordance to the Group policies;
• Must be familiar with the latest version of Level B1 Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and be compliant with the bank's policies and procedures.
• Ensure Level B1 KPIs are reached;
• Keep abreast of changes in AML/CTF and sanctions related regulations and internal policies;
• Support preparation and delivery of reporting as required by Level B1 management;
• Contribute to the Bank's operational permanent control framework to uphold operational excellence;
• Assist on testing of systems &/or applications used by B1 (i.e. new systems and/or version upgrades);
• Assist on ad hoc projects:
• To handle any other tasks as assigned by the manager from time to time
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Good knowledge of Compliance, anti-money laundering rules & regulations
• Possess a minimum of 2 years' experience in real time SWIFT alerts management & screening/investigation
• Strong experience in account activity/post transaction monitoring &/or KYC/Due Diligence knowledge could be considered
• Strong banking back office operational experience would be an advantage (in Cash Mgt, Trade or Commodity Finance etc)
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Possess a Compliance and Operational mindset with acute awareness of urgency of payments processing;
• Meticulous, attention to detail and accuracy in daily work;
• Good analytical skills;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Ability to thrive and multi-task in a high-volume and fast-paced environment and can work independently;
• Good team player