Alternative Investment Solutions Fund Administration Manager - LP Services, Vice President
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Part time
- State Street
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
This is a senior level management role within the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services business unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
- This is a senior level management role within the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services business unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group. The Limited Partner Services Team, based in Singapore, provides administration; performance analytics and transparency reporting for APAC based Institutional Investors’ Alternative Investment Portfolios (Private Equity, Real Estate & Infrastructure Investments).
Roles And Responsibilities:
- Represent the organization internally and externally as a senior level executive of State Street.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to managers and staff within span of control.
- Manage relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street.
- Responsible for development and execution of overall business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities and better meet client needs.
- Responsible for developing department budget and staffing projections. Completes staffing proposals for newly awarded business.
- Monitors and approves department expenses.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
- Provide overall direction to department managers and subordinate staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial and operations goals and objectives.
- Manage relationships with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff. Address employee concerns and sensitivities.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
- Approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Allocates and coordinates resources including staff allocation, space and procurement of necessary equipment.
- Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and task force assignments.
- Provide leadership in areas outside of the division.
- Candidates must have a college degree (business, economics, mathematics, finance preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 15 years of accounting and/or financial service operations experience, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience. Solid business unit management specifically in the private equity and real estate industry is required. MBA, CAIA and/or CPA are a plus.