Analyst/Associate- Fixed Income Product Strategist
Description About this role Team Overview:
The Asia Fixed Income and Credit team is an industry leading platform with a significant presence in regional Fixed Income and Credit markets. We offer an array of fixed income products designed to meet specific client risk and return profiles ranging from indexed to unconstrained active strategies, and across the liquidity and credit spectrum.
The Product Strategy team is responsible for representing the full suite of Asia Fixed Income & Credit capabilities to internal and external clients and prospects. The team is centrally involved in the firm's thought leadership agenda, product development and marketing for institutional and retail clients globally. Critical to the success of the team is the maintenance of strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including product development teams as well as institutional and retail distribution teams who are responsible for managing and developing BlackRock's client relationships globally.
The Product Strategy team is looking for add junior team members (Analyst/Associate levels) to support the continued growth of the platform. These team members will work closely with senior strategists supporting areas of strategic expansion. Job Purpose/Background:
The position holders will be focusing primarily on the commercialization, growth and development of one of the following product areas:
1) Actively managed Asian Credit with a focus on our growing China Credit strategy: Additional support for our regional strategies, including USD Asian Credit strategies and Asian ESG Credit strategies.
2) Fixed Income Index business in Asia ex-Japan (AxJ): Spanning institutional mandates, iShares fixed income index funds and iShares fixed income ETFs. Key Responsibilities:
- Support senior team members and internal sales channels by disseminating information and data regarding our Funds and products and answer questions pertaining to broader markets
- Write market/investment commentaries for investors, shareholders, current clients and prospects
- Thought leadership / white paper creation: working closely with investment and distribution partners, the successful candidate will support the production of thought pieces for clients
- Oversee, coordinate and/or participate in updating investor performance reporting
- Partner with sales, distribution and marketing teams to assist in fund raising efforts and asset retention across the platform
- Monitor competitive universe: Run Fund analytics/risk metrics versus our competitors, and draft competitive positioning points for our strategies
- Assist with internal projects focused on presenting senior management with business, market and ad hoc updates
- Aspire to become a client-facing strategist. As a technical subject matter expert, bringing fixed income investing expertise to bear and developing a thorough understanding of client needs. Engage with both wealth and institutional clients.
- Product Research and Development: work with internal stakeholders to identify gaps in product offering, work with the product groups to prioritize and implement new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas, and processes
- Disciplined organization and project management skills with the ability to multi-task quickly and efficiently
- Self-starter who can work effectively on their own as well as with a team, while being resourceful and able to work with other groups to obtain the information necessary to complete tasks
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and a sense of urgency around deadlines
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships with both internal and external clients swiftly and effectively
- Presence, maturity and credibility to present effectively
Actively managed Asian Credit
- Intuition in math and statistics and the ability to synthesize information from data and quantitative analyses.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin preferred
Fixed Income Index
- Fixed income experience in a buy-side, sell-side or data provider role, with an emphasis of index i.e. beta strategies and sustainable strategies
- Strong technical fixed income skills, familiarity with fixed income derivatives and fixed income indices.
- Local Asian language skills an advantage
- CFA qualification, CFA candidacy, IMC qualification, an advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.