- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
Analyst – Treasury Financial Control & Advisory
Analyst – Treasury Financial Control & AdvisorySCOPE OF DEPARTMENT & ROLE:
Treasury Financial Control function supports the Bank's global treasury activities in the areas of Valuation and Regulatory controls, Position and P&L reconciliation, P&L reporting & analysis of the financial performance of the Global Treasury (GT) business. TFC also performs independent control monitoring on the front office trading activities and supports the maintenance of GT Murex Portfolio tree.
We are looking for the right candidate to join our Business Solutions & Control team.
- Conduct product monitoring and control assurance BAUs on the Bank's global treasury trading activities for Singapore and overseas treasury centres:
- Perform daily reconciliation of positions from front office (Murex) to back office (General ledger) systems.
- Monitor trades to detect any deviations from GT authorized product list.
- Monitor Non-Validated deals are traded on a back to back basis.
- Review traders' explanation and sight evidence for cancellation of Internal deals.
- Investigate on variances and exceptions for appropriate resolutions or escalations as per standard operating procedures.
- Develop good understanding of treasury products features and provide c onstructive assessments of new products and product variations to ensure control monitoring designs remain effective.
- Adhere to control procedures, document changes as appropriate and exercise initiative to conduct regular reviews to ensure controls are relevant and effective.
- Involved in end user impact assessments and acceptance testing arising from GT projects and in-house change initiatives.
Head, TFCA- Business Solutions & Control
- Degree preferably in Accountancy, Business, Finance or Business Analytics.
- Relevant work experience on the treasury front preferred, ideally from control, operations or risks functions.
- Understand the life cycle of a trade and familiar with financial products to better appreciate & enhance the series of control monitoring over Global Treasury trades.
- Experience with Murex System, Murex Limits Controller and Business Intelligence Tools are definite advantage .
- Curious, proactive with a continuous improvement mindset, attention for details, meticulous and a good team player with a CAN DO attitude.