About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsible for all Risk Committees preparation, requests and follow up, including Retail Banking AML, Sanctions & Tax Evasion Committee, Country Financial Crime Risk Committee and Regional AML, Sanctions & Tax Evasion Committee
- Responsible for Governance Monitoring in identifying potential risk exposures in terms of AML, Sanctions and Tax Evasion risks
- Good in data analysis and able to identify issues as well as suggest for solutions
- Supporting Regional Head of CDD Management for all matters for ASA Region overseeing 9 countries
- Relevant experience relating to Retail Individual or Business / Corporate Banking environment eg knowledge on Account Opening for Retail Individual or Business / Corporate Banking customers
- Familiar with Red Flags, Anti Money Laundering concerns, Sanctions, Prohibited Entities, Regulatory requirements (MAS requirements), opening Company Banking Accounts, Account Opening Documents (eg types of constitutional documents required from client), supporting documents for various types of businesses (eg Sole Prop, Societies and Clubs, MCSTs, Religious Organisations, Trusts, etc), unwrapping an entity
- Know Your Customer / Client Due Diligence / operations experience (must have done more than just name screening and closure e.g. World Check)
- Checking experience (relating to documents and write-up on client's business activities)
- Able to work under tight deadline
- Meticulous, conscientious, analytical
- Preference for those with at least 5 years of experience in CDD/KYC, FCC, AML, Sanctions and Tax Evasion fields.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .