- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 04 Oct 17
Analyst, Functions Finance (Contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
Provide support to the Global Operations Head on finance analytics and MI as well as supporting a number of continuous improvement activities on month end and planning processes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Business Performance and Cost Management
* Provide timely and accurate information / MIS
* Provide co-ordination and support through planning cycles (budget / rolling forecasts)
* Engage with respective teams within ITO to ensure processes such as headcount forecasts and business efficiency tracking run smoothly and the inputs are robust.
* Undertake deep dive analysis that supports decision making.
* Work with offshore support teams in GBS to improve month end deliverables and control of timetables.
* Help with the review of the cross border recharge methodology for the central hub teams within Operations and the implementation of a new set of processes record to close.
* Help support the team embed an ongoing process to support the segment allocation process and MI
* Help with the build of some collateral material to help educate the project community on project investment accounting and forecasting.
* Head of Finance for Global Operations and team
* BPM and team for Global Operations and Retail /Pvb/Wealth Business CIO teams.
Qualifications and Skills
* Likely to have a minimum of 3-4 years experience in finance roles.
* A driver of change, with demonstrable experience of continuous improvement
* Expertise in the application of best practice governance and control frameworks.
* Some stakeholder management experience
* Independent thinker, able to voice opinions and present arguments based on facts / data to build support and deliver results
* Excellent consulting and communication skills, with ability to convey complex messages succinctly
* An eye for detail and accuracy with a strong analytical capability.
* Ability to accommodate ambiguity.
* Experience of improvement activity
* Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Ideally have experience of Oracle finance applications such as Hyperion Planning.
* A preferred understanding of the Banking and areas such as Technology and Operations.
* Preferably experience of cost management.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 18/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.