Analyst, IT Projects
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 24 Apr 19
Analyst, IT Projects
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What you will do
You will coordinate project activities for a specific business area. Identifies, defines, and oversees project phases. Establishes timeframes and monitors progress toward completion of projects.
- Coordinates all activities of a project and day to day activities
- Interviews and collects data from internal partners. Analyzes and recommends improvement plans.
- Gathers facts, defines problems, and prepares documentation regarding specific processes and procedures within the department
- Prepares written documentation to support project status and decisions
- Writes procedures and update manuals on new processes and/or systems
- Works with internal partners on BC/DR documentation.
- Works with vendors to coordinate implementation, confirm pricing, and/or make enhancements to vendor products or services including onboarding the vendor onto the Procurement system, input of requisitions etc.
- Maintain good records of IT contracts
- Prepares and presents regular status reports for management such as measurement reporting, process improvement results, financial reports, etc.
- Interacts with all levels in functional and system support areas in developing project activities.
- Conduct regular SLA due diligence meetings with 3rd party vendors, Head Office etc.
- IT Asset Management
- Multi Media/Video conferencing coordination
- Software certification
- Token administration
- ServiceNow Ticket administration
- Additional assignments as and when assigned by the Manager
- Require off hour standby support
- May require to provide shift support at times (7am to 4pm; 10am to 7pm)
- Good oral and written communication skills are required
- Basic Functional / Industry Knowledge is preferred
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Technical skills / Systems knowledge (eg PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, ITSM)
- 8-10 years related work experience in functional area or project related experience
- General degree or its equivalent
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.