- Up to GBP1.0 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 18 Apr 18
Analyst, Product Control
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Up to GBP1.0 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking.Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for a Product Controller to support FM Commodities.
The main function will be a role in performing independent control in the analysis of the Profit and Loss generated by the Commodities trading desk. The role covers SCB's trading operations globally.
- Daily analysis and production of P&L and Balance Sheet, ensuring integrity of data reported in a controlled environment.
- Business support in terms of advising on structured transactions, assisting new product launches, providing quality MIS, and accommodating any ad hoc requests.
- Supporting local finance teams by providing accounting advise, general ledger reconciliation, and product training.
- Supporting the FM and Country CFOs in the development and maintenance of a robust control environment around the Commodities product set.
- Contact point for auditors, both internal and external, and local regulators.
- Providing MIS around P&L analytics, risk based P&L explanation, and Performance Commentary. Detailed planning and budgetary support will be required.
- Responsible for compliance with the Group Accounting Policy.
- Responsible for continued development and testing of a Business Continuity Plan in so far as it relates to Commodities.
- Development of consistent booking models across the Bank's transaction processing systems.
- End-to-End review and documentation of the Bank's Commodities processes, maintenance of KOP for the same and to ensure the finance support model for Commodities is optimized across the countries, Bangalore and the Singapore Product Control team.
- Product Control experience with strong derivative knowledge. Experience in Commodities markets preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player
- Statistical, coding and macro knowledge will be an advantage
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...