Position: Analyst, Public Markets (Communications Services)
About the Organisation:
Sun Venture Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore-based investment firm that provides multi asset class offerings. With a forward-looking mentality, Sun Venture strives to be a professional, trusted partner to its clients.
About the Department:
Sun Venture’s Public Markets business runs a number of strategies across global markets including Equity Long Only funds and Equity Long Short Hedge Funds. With continued strong growth and performance, Sun Venture Public Markets team is expanding and is now seeking an Analyst to lead sector coverage of communications services and provide secondary analysis to IT and e-commerce verticals. This role would be reporting to the Head of Public Markets who is based in Singapore.
- To lead sector coverage of Communications Services as well as provide secondary coverage for IT and e-commerce.
- To conduct research/due diligence on companies and sectors covered and collect corresponding data.
- To generate ideas to research, maintain models on portfolio companies and build up own knowledge of companies and sectors.
- To provide detailed industry data, news and information on companies and sectors to the team to keep everyone informed of developments.
- To read and summarise broker notes and highlight changes accordingly.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
- 5-7 years of experience covering Communications Services, IT or e-commerce sectors within a dynamic long only or L/S hedge fund preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required for presentation and reporting purposes.
- Knowledge of additional languages would be advantageous for interpreting information.
- Advanced Finance and Accounting knowledge
- Detailed fundamental model building capabilities, coupled with the ability to determine appropriate valuations of companies and securities.
- Concise report writing and thesis development abilities.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate investment ideas.
- Ability to understand and appraise business models and industry verticals including comparison analysis.
- Develop conviction in ideas and to take ownership of positions.
- To be resourceful in collecting data and information from various sources.
- Ideally a self-starter who has the ability to work independently.
Only shortlisted candidates would be notified.