About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate Strategy
- Responsible to implement trading strategy for Repo
- Responsible to maximise total product income by ensuring effective end to end client risk management/service
- Consult on the growth of the Global Repo franchise and build /grow the repo franchise
- Informed and aware of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Consult on the improvement of product offering to Client
- Short covering for the bank's fixed income positions and financing long bond positions including maximising exclusive portfolio lending
- Perform collateral management responsibilities to meet Bank's margining requirements
- Take an active role in the Bank's cash liquidity deployment in conjunction with various TM or CFD centres
- Collaborate closely with middle and back office on settlement and operational issues
- Work to develop and improve trading tools and desk workflow by building and improving end user computing tools
- Achieving assigned full year budget as per annual P3 document
- To increase SCB's visibility through risk adjusted competitive pricing for our clients
- Provide sales desk with pricing and product support in our endeavour to outserve
- Manage risk from client trades prudently
- To support the Repo team creating a mindshare of trade ideas /axes with clients, providing feedback on those ideas and client needs
- Work to mitigate risks, improve manual processes day to day
People and Talent
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations.
- To embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role, if any, under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance.
- Ensure that the business meets its obligations in the prevention of money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards and under local laws and regulations.
- Ensure all appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures are followed.
- Raise any issues of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations relative to responsibilities.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst colleagues and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Comply with guidelines as outlined in the annual dealer mandate
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Willingness to 'speak up' in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
- Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Establish, maintain and supervise the framework to ensure business functions under my area of responsibility comply with internal policies, procedures, codes and applicable external
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adherence to code of conduct prescribed by BaFin.
- Sales, Research and Structuring globally
- Relationship managers, Credit and Market Risk Officers
- Legal & Compliance
- Treasury Markets, Credit and Macro Trading
- Support functions like Back and Middle Office, Collateral Management Operations
- Funding Operations
- Key clients and potential new clients
- Central Bank and Regulatory Bodies
- Demonstrate Here for good and Group's brand and values in daily behaviour
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .