- Contract, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 21 Feb 18
Analyst, Treasury Financial Control (6 month contract)
Analyst, Treasury Financial Control (6 month contract)Rank: AM7 / M6
The Valuation Control (VC) Team is part of the Treasury Financial Control department, which falls under the Group Finance Division in the Bank. The main tasks of the VC Team include formulation and reviewing of valuation adjustment policies and methodologies as well as performing independent price verification processes.
This role is a 6 month contract position with the opportunity to convert into a permanent position. The candidate will report to the team lead of the VC Team. The person will mainly be involved in assisting the team members with monthly BAU tasks, performing data analysis and participating in projects. He/she will have the opportunity to gain exposure and work across major asset classes.
- Calculate monthly valuation adjustments to ensure that financial instruments are correctly fair valued in accordance with applicable accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Perform independent price verification processes on illiquid parameters
- Involve in process improvement initiatives
- Work closely with product controllers, market risk department and the front office to resolve valuation related issues
- Degree holder with 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience preferred
- Good understanding of financial products
- Proficient in Excel and VBA
- Familiarity with Murex or Bloomberg will be an added advantage
- Analytical and ability to work under pressure