Analyst / Associate - Market Risk Analyst - Singapore
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
The management of Market risk is a key business priority for Nomura and is vital to the successful delivery of the firm's strategy. The AeJ Market risk team has responsibility for the development of Market risk management for the region.
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The management of Market risk is a key business priority for Nomura and is vital to the successful delivery of the firm's strategy. The AeJ Market risk team has responsibility for the development of Market risk management for the region, including:
- Developing the Market risk strategy and governance framework in line with the Global Market risk management and regulatory framework
- Establishing a set of Market risk services to support the business areas' management of Market risk
- Developing the tools and templates to allow the effective collection, review and use of Market risk information
- Through a team of Market Risk Managers, effectively working with different stakeholders across the business to embed a Market risk culture throughout the organisation
- Supporting the Senior Market Risk Managers in the performance of their responsibilities
Market Risk Management is looking to hire a Market Risk Analyst/Associate to participate in covering Singapore based business in AEJ Macro, CVA and Treasury. The risk analyst will also be responsible for overseeing day to day market risk management governance processes and covering Singapore regulatory reporting as well as maintaining market risk oversight on Singapore legal entities. The successful candidate will gain experience across AEJ Rates, FX and Credit as well as core G10 currencies products and markets.
- To monitor market activity, review positions taken by trading business in Singapore and to communicate to senior risk managers and management:
o Daily review of key market news and movement
o Daily review of positions taken and changes to the positions
o Produce daily risk report and limits reports timely to trading and senior management
o Greek sensitivities at portfolio or trade level
o Setting up scenario analysis and review of structured trades
o VAR and tail Economic Capital analysis
o Stress Test Review and commentary of key drivers
- Review market risk regulatory reporting and stress testing results submitted to Singapore regulators
- To monitor market risks taken in Singapore legal entities and provide VAR/ economic capital analysis where required.
- Work closely with the business to understand trading strategies and key risk positioning
- Work closely and manage relationships with groups outside of Market Risk, such as Credit Risk, Research, Quantitative Research, Finance, Product Control, Middle Office, Market Risk Technology, Regulatory, and Internal Audit.
- Bachelor or Post graduate degree in a quantitative field eg. Statistics, mathematics, Engineering
- At least 2-3 years experience in market risk or related function
- Good understanding of Fixed income products preferably experience in Exotics/ Hybrid IR products
- Knowledgeable about AEJ markets in general
- Good understanding of market risk processes (VAR, limits, stress testing)
- Proficiency in Excel, VBA programing
- Strong analytical, communication and independent problem solving skills and able to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Energetic, independent with aptitude to learn and improve processes.
- Strong team player who can interact and work well with front office, senior risk managers and other control functions
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.