Anti Financial Crime- Anti-Bribery & Corruption Officer, APAC - Assistant Vice President
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 23 Sep 17
Anti Financial Crime- Anti-Bribery & Corruption Officer, APAC - Assistant Vice President
Anti-Financial Crime (AFC)
Our AFC team is responsible for protecting Deutsche Bank from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. Risk types related to Anti-Financial Crime are consolidated in a comprehensive and effective risk management framework that covers Anti-Money-Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery & Corruption as well as Anti-Fraud & Investigations.
Role and Responsibilities:
Act as a contact and to carry out all tasks and responsibilities associated with this function for matters pertaining to Bribery and Corruption Risks within the APAC region and assist, and support the Regional Head of Anti-Fraud, Bribery and Corruption APAC (Regional Head) with matters involving bribery and corruption risks;
Assist and support the Regional Head with the development, implementation and enhancement of a robust ABC programme and the strategic direction of the ABC programme within APAC taking into account global impact.
The person filling this role will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of aspects of the ABC compliance programme across APAC. The person in this role must:
- Support ABC matters within the APAC region, working with the Regional Head and team members, and cross functionally with other aspects of Financial Crime and Compliance members and other functions as deemed appropriate to develop, implement, update and enhance ABC processes and ensure, as appropriate, consistency in policies, procedures and controls;
- Proactively support and contribute to the undertaking of risk assessments across the APAC Region and contribute globally as and when required;
- Support and proactively contribute implementing and update ABC controls framework and contribute globally as and when required;
- Support, guide and direct all lines and divisions in APAC region in its management of bribery and corruption risk;
- Collegially partner at all times with other members of the team, including the Regional Head, to ensure there is a single voice/message from APAC AFBCA in particular when guiding and advising the business lines/divisions;
- Assist with ABC operational matters within the APAC region;
- Be a well-informed key point of contact and escalations for ABC matters;
- Always act as an effective business partner with all AFBC direct and indirect team members and cross functionally;
- Measure all advice and guidance with the impact that such advice and guidance may result in including be risk sensitive to any underlying elements pertaining to the request;
- Assist and support all Business Lines/Divisions on managing potential breaches of the respective policies including trends and timely advice;
- Be able to identify, articulate and escalate to the Regional Head any matters that are considered potentially serious in nature, pose an elevated risk and expose the Bank to potential risk including and not limited to breaches or behaviour, non-compliance;
- Identify, articulate and escalate trends and indicators pertaining to bribery and corruption risks including and not limited to behaviour, breach patterns, concentration and frequency, proportionality, appropriateness etc;
- Support and assist the Regional Head and contribute where required with inspections, reviews and enquiries undertaken by regulators relating to ABC;
- Track emerging or changing ABC legislation, regulation, guidance and related enforcement settlements;
- As appropriate, in partnership cross functionally, proactively contribute in the development and implementation of new or enhanced policies, procedures, systems and controls in order to address new or emerging risks, industry standards, bank-driven enhancements, legislative or regulatory requirements;
- Assist, support, contribute to, build and/or deliver ABC Risk related training to DB functions including business lines/divisions as requested/required;
- Identify knowledge awareness and enhancement opportunities including and not limited to communiqués, announcements, training and awareness. Raise such opportunities and support, contribute, build and/or deliver accordingly;
- Represent APAC AFBCA at, and proactively contribute to meetings and forums as and when required and feedback to team members on matters discussed and decisions made;
- Review and approve requests as per the current work flows;
- Provide Management Information and reports relevant to the function as required;
- Provide appropriate risk-based guidance, whether contained in Policy or not, in relation to pre-approvals, notification requirements, principals, prohibitions etc;
- Ensure that approvals demonstrate at all times any risk mitigating considerations and include any required further risk mitigating controls;
- As required, contribute to input for any regular and adhoc reporting, committee matters or the like;
- Maintain oversight, and deal with issues that come to light during workshops, meetings, training sessions, testing or implementation/enhancement phases;
- Seek to ensure the appropriate implementation of bank-wide or regional specific policies, procedures, systems and controls;
- Help ensure the delivery of day-to-day operational compliance activities within APAC;
- Ability to identify and appropriately apply various risk mitigation tools per advisory case;
- Ensure that the management information tools and systems are up-to-date, accurate and complete;
- Actively participate in and contribute to global or regional projects and fully document meetings/calls to disseminate amongst team members and leadership;
- In partnership with the Lead, develops and executes on business plans for area of responsibility within Global and Regional ABC Compliance.
- Sets short-term strategies and plans; assists with the management of a strategic or tactical plan and executes accordingly.
- Maintains knowledge of assigned product and functional area, and has a thorough understanding of their area of responsibility as well as a broad understanding of the entire function;
- Execution of enhancements of processes and procedures with a commitment to consistency and successful implementation within the set targets and deadlines.
- Other aspects of the role and function including and not limited to ad-hoc project work, overlapping or linked internal AB&C Program strategy initiatives and priority list items as requested/directed by the Regional Head.
Skills & Qualifications:
You will have:
- Relevant university degree and functional relevant qualifications.
- Ideally an existing Financial Crime professional with a background and good knowledge of bribery and corruption laws and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of global and regionally applicable Bribery and Corruption principles, laws/regulations and best practices, systems, controls and preventative measures.
- Able to handle and manage a number of different matters simultaneously and have strong communication skills, including the ability to manage conflict situations.
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills.
- Be conducive to and adapting to working in a fast-paced ever changing environment, in an internationally diverse team and wider team/function/organisation.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization including direct and wider team members.
- Able to constructively accept and interpret guidance, oversight, supervision and instructions;
- Act with transparency, open communication and demonstrate responsibility for one's own actions;
- Be and demonstrate being a team player and self-starter - able to act on own initiative though not work in isolation, know when to work collaboratively with other team members including and not limited to problem solving and knowledge sharing and to learn and adapt quickly;
- Demonstrate risk-critical thinking and be able to handle and manage a number of different matters simultaneously, understand and demonstrate priorities and ensure appropriate communication to the business and other requestors taking into account the prioritization of requests and the appropriate actioning of same and drive results;
- Strong interpersonal skills not limited to communication skills including with immediate team colleagues, including the ability to recognize and manage conflict situations;
- Practice and demonstrate strategic thought leadership in particular to risks and mitigating risks;
- Practice and demonstrate risk sensitivity on particular cases or matters that need to be drawn to the Regional Head's attention and strong interaction on same;
- Demonstrate a strong and professionally acceptable work ethic, strong sense of accountability and ensure that behaviours do not adversely impact either the team deliverables or operations, other stakeholders or Deutsche Bank;
- Strong database research skills;
- Willing to, and be active in, enhancing one's and other stakeholder's knowledge and risk sensitivity to ABC risks; bank and function changes/updates; industry changes/updates keeps abreast of new products, technologies and applications as well as their implications for assigned areas.;
- Maintain and enhance appropriate knowledge to ensure to be fully qualified to undertake the role.
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal requirements including and not limited to the Bank-wide Values and Beliefs, Code of Conduct and other applicable requirements.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.