Anti Financial Crime \u2013 Anti Money Laundering Monitoring Officer - Analyst\/NCT
Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. It manages the Bank's risks and help to avert unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, we also advise the bank on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep the bank up to date on regulatory and political challenges. Position Overview
The Asia-Pacific Anti-Financial Crime Department supports Deutsche Bank businesses in the region manage AFC risk, is responsible for ensuring that related processes are in place and that all policies, procedures and guidelines conform to internal Deutsche Bank policies as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
The AML Monitoring Officer's primary responsibility will be alert and case handling and conducting investigations, while assisting with other FCI-related duties inclusive processes such as User Acceptance and Quality Assurance testing. The AML Monitoring Officer is expected to be equipped with product knowledge and bring expertise in investigative processes and effective alert and case- handling procedures.
The Financial Crime Investigations (FCI) Officer will be located in Singapore and report to FCI Manager, or delegated manager for Wealth Management. Depending on the experience of the candidate, some or all of the following responsibilities will be assigned:
- Perform AML monitoring of assigned businesses or jurisdictions.
- Perform or support autonomous reviews and investigations.
- Coordinate and-or prepare the required management information reporting data for local, regional or global submission as applicable.
- Participate in FCI-related technical and project work and user-acceptance tests.
- Provide input on key initiatives and other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Review and investigate system-generated alerts and ad-hoc cases within the mandated timeframe.
- Review and analyse daily AML-CTF cases to address transactions that contravene the banks-regulatory policies.
- Ensure that review and investigation conclusions are adequately and properly documented for regulatory-audit level review.
- Conduct internet and external database searches to ensure no adverse information (RAI) is noted on the client-parties.
- Ensure the risk coverage for the bank from an AML-CTF perspective.
- Ensure that potential areas of risk (financial, reputational and regulatory) are investigated, identified and escalated to the relevant teams within FCI and-or Country AFC Officer
- Ensure that cases are investigated and closed-escalated within the mandated time frame.
- Handle complex and confidential cases, seeking guidance from team lead and other colleagues when required.
- Identify current transaction typologies and keep abreast of emerging ones and apply said typologies to the working of the cases.
- Liaise with Data Analytics Officer and provide support and assistance to Country AFC Officer with respect to the requirement that the internal systems parameters are reviewed at least annually.
- Escalate data quality and system issues to the Data Analytics Officer.
- Sound technical AML, KYC, investigations knowledge and skills, with demonstrated hands-on experience
- A background in a Financial Investigation Unit or Financial Crime Investigations with broad knowledge of AML or other investigations
- Familiarity with diverse banking products across business lines specifically Wealth Management and experience in working on AML monitoring and case management systems.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and efficient
- Be the subject expert in AML-CTF typologies-trends
- Ability to Review Evidential Case Files using knowledge of Legislation
- Strong analytical skills with an investigative mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Internet expertise on identifying negative news and ability to search and find information
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy
- An understanding of the legal and compliance issues of complex banking organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work well within a team
- A professional business attitude in the workplace
Required qualification and experience
- Relevant AML or related certifications
- (CAMS, ICA Diploma etc.)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Criminology degree an asset
- Previous law enforcement a benefit
- Previous FIU experience in investigations
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- 3 - 5 years' relevant experience
- Must be able to handle stressful situations while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.