Application Support Analyst - Associate
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities trading, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley IT in Singapore offers a challenging position as an Application Support Analyst for global Investment Management systems. By combining technical skills with business knowledge the successful candidate will be directly responsible for supporting Equity Trading desk in Singapore.
The role will majorly focus on supporting MSIM Front Office applications and electronic trading.
Basic understanding of Equity/Derivatives/FX trade life cycle, FIX protocol, accounting would be a plus.
- Database/SQL (Sybase ? preferred), able to understand and write stored procedures
- Basic understanding on working of SOAP/XML
- Reporting tool like Crystal report
- Able to understand and write scripts in Perl, Shell, Python
- Basic understanding of software development life cycle
- Team oriented and can work well within a global collaborative model
- Be comfortable in talking to Business users (like Portfolio Managers, Traders etc), handling Incident/Outage calls, discussions etc
- Good analytical and problem solving skills that are coupled with strong communication.
- Exhibits responsibility and ownership
- Self-sufficient and show ability to lead given the opportunity
- Understanding of core Java, .Net
- Understanding of Equity/Derivatives/FX trade life cycle, FIX protocol, accounting would be a plus.
Bachelor of Engineering / 5-10 years of experience