Application Support Analyst, Asia Pacific Technology
The Application Support Analyst serves as the first pointof contact and coordination for the Production Services team, the role will beresponsible for:
- Level 2application support to solve more complex issues than simple helpdesk tasks.
- Trackingincidents throughout the lifecycle and ensures it is closed upon completion. Coordinatingwith the Senior Incident Officer/ Production Services Application Lead toprovide information needed for updates.
- Actsas an SME for all incidents, issues, alerts, problems and changes related tothe applications. Triaging & Prioritizing incidents, issues, alerts,problems & user support requests. Resolving moderately complexapplication/system issues, routing, and escalating, high complexity issues (asneeded), engaging the required groups including Infrastructure Support andApplication Development teams (as needed). May interact directly with internalclients regarding ongoing issue activities
- Monitorschanges to applications and their operating environment and providesapplication support input with regards to Configuration Management, ChangeManagement, and Release Management activities.
- Identifies repeatable manual tasks and leads efforts to automate. Provides knowledge and training to new support personnel. And follows standard procedures to document and maintain knowledge artifacts including articles for self-help and recurring issues.
- Supports regulatory compliance or audit support activities as needed. May interact directly with internal and external auditors.
- Review contingency documentation and recommends updates.
- Support contingency / recovery testing. Identify new opportunities to streamline and improve recovery solutions.
- Support regulatory compliance or audit support activities as needed. May interact directly with internal and external auditors.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial.
- 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required.
- Oracle PL/SQL skills required.
- Java, & JVM skills required.
- Strong Unix/Linux shell, navigation, commands, and scripting skills required.
- Working knowledge of Informatica or Pentaho ETL, Business Objects reporting products are a plus.
- Extensive customer service and client interaction skills.
- Experience conducting root cause analysis, documenting findings, and designing plans to rectify issues.
- Ability to work independently and very self-motivated.
- Experiencesupporting regulatory applications is an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing relationships and collaborating with IT, business, and vendor stakeholders.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry.
Information Technology Internal Jobcode:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: