Apps Dev Senior Programmer Analyst
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities. Required Skills
- Experience working with high volume, high throughput, and low latency trading systems (e.g. equities or FX), or similar type of low latency platforms in Java
- In-depth understanding of the challenges in developing high-throughput, low-latency trading systems while meeting the highest standards in resiliency and scalability.
- Exposure to remediate low-latency solution challenges using practical software and hardware techniques
- FIX, distributed systems, messaging middleware (Solace, Tibco, or similar) and IPC (inter process communication )
- Experience in implementing trading strategies and Order management system development.
- Understanding of market data and exchange protocol
- Hands on development experience in Core Java
- Network programming is a plus - TCP, UDP, sockets, multicast
- Working knowledge of Linux and/or Unix
- Knowledge of Messaging, TCP/IP, UDP etc
- Working knowledge of Database (Sybase will be a plus)
- Working knowledge of Python, Perl and shell scripting will be a plus
- Knowledge of FIX protocol will be a plus
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's or Master degree in computer science or any other related degree
- 5 years minimal financial industry experience in designing and implementing trading systems
- Minimum of 7+ years hands on development experience in core Java for low latency trading systems
- Exposure to Low latency framework and FIX Engines, Solace, Python is a must
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting