Apps Development Sr. Manager
Technical / Functional Proficiency:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15+ years of experience working on complex projects.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leading globally distributed teams successfully
- Project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to minute details.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership of multiple large scale/complex global software solutions for cards processor platform like Vision plus
- Good understanding and working experience in API documentation, API eco system & API driven payment/services, security solution & pattern, PII data handling and API gateway
- Strong understanding of object-oriented analysis and design, design patterns, high availability and concurrent programming
- Interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions with the ability to manage and evaluate data and innovation pipeline
- Design, research, develop, analyse and recommend new solutions to enable strategic decision making and go to market process
- Demonstrated excellent software development skills. Strong experiences in implementation of the following technologies: Mainframe, CICS, DB2, Java, J2EE, Spring framework, Hibernate, JPA, App Server
- Visionplus application development experience with knowledge of COBOL, CICS and IBM mainframes platform and integration with open source platforms is desirable
- Experience in building enterprise transaction-based system with focus on recovery, stability, reliability, scalability and performance.
- Experience in building multithreaded applications and troubleshooting complex issues related to it.
- Experience in working on JMS / MQ applications.
- Experience in working multiple OS (Unix, Linux, Win)
- Application development experience in RDBMS (Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Hands on with Java & Spring Framework
- Prior experience with Container (Docker) and Kubernetes
- Good understanding on API Gateway (IBM Datapower or Apigee), Oauth & Swagger/OpenAPI specification
- Familiar with architectural patterns - Microservices, event-driven (Solace or Kafka), CQRS
- Understand Non-Functional Requirements (HA, Performance, Scalability, Security) and design solution accordingly
- Experience in performance tuning of large technical solutions with significant volumes
- Understanding of internetworking concepts, firewall, communication protocols is a plus
- Experience in using Legacy Mainframe and Open Source technology
- Knowledge of Web security framework
- A good understanding of HSM and different types of keys is desirable
Job Family Group:
- Experience of developing teams of permanent employees and vendors from 5 - 20 developers in size
- Requires Strong Stakeholder Management experience to drive discussions between Business, Solutions, Operations and Application Teams.
- Ability to build a comprehensive understanding of project stakeholders, subject matter, and priorities
- Leadership and strong communication skills
- Flexible to work across different Time zones supporting stakeholders across LATAM, EMEA and ASPAC regions.
- Strong customer service focuses with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and functional.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Managing time and changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to provide quick turnaround to software issues and management requests
- Ability to assimilate key issues and concepts and come up to speed quickly
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting