- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 01 Mar 18
Architect (Technology services)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
- Provide technical leadership within the programme, to ensure technical solutions meet programme requirements, are consistent with bank standards, and ultimately deliver the aims of the programme.
- Work closely with End User Services leadership, and team members to design and implement technical solutions across the approved DWT projects,
- Ensures Domain and Product owners are fully engaged on new product solutions, effecting transition of any newly developed technologies during the Programme to appropriate Product and Support owners.
- Leads discussions on operational issues, and ensure timely resolution
- Acts as an escalation point for major incidents, problems or issues during the implementation of any programme activity.
- Lead different projects - identify dependencies and critical path - Ensure completion as per committed timelines.
- Proactively identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Work and coordinate with different teams across different countries - with diverse cultures.
- Supports comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Contribute to execution plans and support models for technical infrastructure projects to upgrade or refresh supported systems
- Develops documentation including processes and procedures for consistent maintenance and support across Operational COE's and within the Supported Regions
- Manage the programme delivery and support costs within budget.
- Ensure vendor relationships are appropriately managed and deliver value.
- >15 years of end user technology experience - focussing on various desktop technologies
- Vendor Interaction, understand the product/technology lifecycle, follow end-of-life and provide recommendation for changes/upgrades
- Demonstrates tactical ownership for the management and support of assigned infrastructure areas
- Participating in initiatives to maintain a secure, consistent, and effective global technical infrastructure service
- Demonstrates high analytical skills, Is self-motivated/directed
- Applies standards consistently across all solutions
- Demonstrates senior level technical skills and ability to successfully complete and resolve complex, non-routine solution designs to address programme requirements
- Demonstrates strategic foresight while employing hands-on technical skills on projects and work assignments
- Demonstrates ability to develop, organize and analyze performance metrics in their given function
- Delivers by possessing productivity, professionalism, customer service attitude, attention to detail and quality; ability to multitask; team focus, strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and adherence to standard operating procedures
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and ability to take direction from multiple areas
The candidate should have experience in managing large transformation programmes, and should have deep hands on experience in :
- Windows Operating systems
- Desktop Builds and day to day operations
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, either VMWare or Citrix based solutions (or both)
- Implementing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and rolling out to large populations
- Desktop Operations strategy and services
- User upgrades and migrations
- Replication of desktop imagess