Architecture Group Manager
The Architecture Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Manages multiple architectural teams or an architecture functional area (depending on size of business).
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Develops the architectural strategy for a group (portfolio) of IT systems.
- Develops and recommends solutions that conform to enterprise standards.
- Develops technological and business application portfolio road maps, based on emerging technologies and market trends/direction.
- Responsible for all technical directions and decisions based on technical expertise, experience, vision and market directions.
- Supports the business/clients in evaluating and articulating the technical benefits of a solution to stakeholders.
- Analyzes and evaluates strategic technologies offered by vendors.
- Exhibits sound understanding of theories and practices in architecture and multiple related areas.
- Has in depth understanding of how architecture integrates within technology and has commercial awareness.
- Shares responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Requires evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated or novel situations; uses multiple sources of information.
- Impacts engineering through responsibility for planning, finances/ budget, end results and setting of policies.
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate and negotiate with external parties.
- Performs other job duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Management and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Methodical, attention to detail
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .