Asia Pacific Effective Challenge Lead
The Effective Challenge Team is newly established and will be responsible to provide 'credible challenge' to the Transformation Execution Plan throughout the life of the plan.
This role is part of the CAO organization, Regulatory and Enterprise Transformation Office. The CAO organization is leading the most critical regulatory & transformation efforts for Citi's CEO, influencing the strategy & direction of Citigroup.
We are hiring for this role to be aligned to the work of the global transformation programs, as well as relevant strategic Transformation projects within the APAC region. This role will also be aligned to a team of approximately 10 - 12 positions globally with candidates aligned to Transformation programs based on their area of expertise or coverage.
The Challenge Leads will review key design Action Plan components, act as an early warning system and escalation for implementation risks, assess the execution plan and timelines and suggest improvement options. This position will work alongside and in close partnership with the Transformation Program Office and help to ensure 'credible challenge' across all Transformation programs, including identifying and managing interdependencies between programs and providing transparency to Citi stakeholders. Roles will be aligned to the Transformation Program Groups, Lines of Business and regions. (References to Program Groups below also include Lines of Business and regions.)
At the regional level the APAC Challenger role will report into the Regional Transformation lead and will be responsible with all tasks described above relevant to the APAC Transformation book of work. Key Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with Effective Challenge Team Lead leveraging area of subject matter expertise to:
- Assess deliverables and actions across programs and initiatives in APAC to stress test key design components and execution goals.
- Evaluate resourcing, technology, and other critical inputs to complete key milestones.
- Identify potential areas of risks and suggest mitigation strategies / provide recommendations.
- Escalate key issues to the Regional Transformation Lead, to the APAC Transformation Forum and Steering Committee, as well to the respective Transformation program leads. Subsequently the escalation will be brought at global level as required (Program Group Sponsor Forum and Execution Oversight Committee (EXOC), and report findings to the Transformation Steering Committee (TSC) and Transformation Oversight Committee (TOC)).
- Track issue resolution through to IA validation.
- Provide a holistic assessment of implementation challenges across regional execution programme through close engagement and partnership with relevant stakeholders regionally.
- Actively participate and engage in Challenge Sessions for all Transformation Regulatory Business Critical Milestones (RBCM) aligned to the Program Groups/ Region; ensuring required Subject Matter Experts, as needed, are represented, and actively participating.
- Look across Program Groups reviewing milestones for completeness, simplicity; appropriately assessing risk and cross-enterprise dependencies for APAC.
- Review and evaluate cross Program Group implementation in the region and action plans to identify issues with sequencing or where interdependencies have not been considered.
- Direct the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to appropriate stakeholders, escalating any issues associated with the programs, as needed, on a timely basis (weekly dashboard reporting).
- Drive adherence to Effective Challenge program processes, procedures, methods, and standards.
- Assess deliverables from reviews of each program's defined scope, target state, and success criteria to ensure it fully addresses the letter and the spirit of the regulatory feedback, broader supervisory expectations and underlying issues and root causes, and is embedded in a broader strategic vision.
- Coordinate remediation of issues identified during challenge process with appropriate regional, and global status reporting (as relevant).
- Working with Effective challenge team, develop appropriate methodology to assess the level of risk relevant to execution of transformation plans.
Job Family Group:
- 10 + years of experience, specific subject matter expertise in one or more of the core disciplines i.e. Human Resources, Risk and Controls, Data, Compliance, Finance, Operations, and/or Technology, Internal Audit.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding transformation and simplification would be preferred; including a strong business understanding of the products and services Citi offers.
- Successful track record in transformation roles including in managing cross-company transformation programs would be preferred.
- General understanding of relevant banking regulation and supervisory expectations for large complex financial institutions.
- Previous audit or consulting experience preferred.
- Track record of managing internal relationships and demonstrated experience in leading sustained change and change management efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently, strategically, analytically, and creatively problem solve.
- Well-developed listening skills and a strong ability to engage at the senior management level.
- Articulate and effective communicator with a demonstrated ability to offer critical challenge to Executive Stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues.
Project and Program Management Job Family:
Program Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting