Asset Servicing Specialist
We are primarily responsible for timely, accurate interpretation and capture of all income, mandatory, elective corporate action stock and cash entitlements globally. Post payment date, we undertake prompt investigations to resolve corporate action events and income related reconciliation breaks, with both internal (Reconciliation team, Investment Desks, etc) and external stakeholders (counterparties and custodians), to ensure due entitlements and receipts are credited to portfolios. What you will do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Perform timely corporate action events scrubbing and interpretations, to ensure accurate capture of accruals and entitlements for all mandatory and voluntary events.
- Validate to ensure timely instructions are sent to and processed by custodians, on elected decisions of impacted portfolios.
- Reconcile stock entitlements received from custodians (from notifications) on payment date, against accruals.
- Investigate and resolve all stocks and cash reconciliations breaks, identified by Reconciliation team, by liaising and engaging internal teams, custodians and/or counterparties.
- Respond to Clients, Investment Desks' and relevant stakeholders' queries.
- Keep abreast of market updates that impacts corporate actions and income
- Comply with all procedures and ensure existing documentations are updated timely.
- Perform on-going review of existing processes to ensure controls are robust and methods are efficient.
- Work closely with other teams, departments and entities to better understand their needs, promote collaboration and deliver service excellence to stakeholders.
- Participate in review and implementation of change requests and projects
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- At least 1 to 2 years relevant working experience in corporate actions or fund accounting role.
- A good understanding of fundamental of corporate action & income events, for cash securities and contract for difference.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What you will be like
- Understanding of operational risk and controls.
- Experience in Asset Management industry.
- Proficient in using Aladdin system.
- Experience with process automation
- Good with Microsoft applications, including Excel to an advanced level
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- A proactive individual, with desire to learn and improve oneself.
- Meticulous, with good attention to details.
- Adaptable and embrace changes
- Strong team player, who can work independently, within specified deadlines.
- Client focused, strive for service excellence.
- Strong interest in learning and harnessing new technology.
- Pursue a career in operations space within the financial industry.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.