Assistant Actuarial Manager / Senior Executive (Life Pricing)
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD started operations in Singapore in April 2016, providing employee benefits insurance to corporate customers. In September, FWD launched its direct-to-consumer business and currently offers a suite of life and general insurance products including direct-term life, car, travel, personal accident and maid insurance. Leveraging technology, FWD provides insurance that is world beating in its simplicity and customer focus for connected people to take control.
If you're looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. PURPOSE
Successful candidate will work in the actuarial department for pricing a range of life insurance products. The candidate will work closely with the senior manager in the team and other relevant departments during the whole product development and pricing cycle.
Key responsibilities include product development and pricing, regulatory filing, system implementation, and addressing pricing related enquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
Candidate may involve in other ad hoc projects to gain exposure in other areas as well as to support company's various initiatives and strategic exercises. KEY ACCOUNTAIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Be able to work independently and to complete task in a stipulated timeline
- To provide good quality and accurate pricing results
- Be able to explain the pricing results in layman terms
- Be able to have a mindset with both technical and business sense
- Effective communication skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Be a team player with good working attitude
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY
- 3 to 5 years of experience in actuarial work
- Degree holder in Actuarial Science and exam progress
- Knowledge in using Microsoft Office and writing Macros
- Knowledge in using Prophet
- Knowledge in RBC / RBC2 regulatory frameworks