You will be working in the Investment Office (The SAVER-Premium Fund Department) which is responsible for investing and managing the retirement fund of our SAF servicemen. As an investment office, we cover the full range of front to middle office functions, including investments, research, risk and governance, and performance reporting. You oversee and provide leadership to a small team and at the same time ensure smooth operations of the office. Your challenge lies in having a good understanding of the global economy and investment landscape, and the corresponding associated risks for the SP Fund.
You must have:
- Supervising the entire spectrum of day-to-day activities of the middle office of an endowment, which includes overseeing compliance, risks, performance measurement, accounting and finance, investment operations and database management for a global portfolio
- Driving the review of existing risk management, governance and performance reporting framework, and establish new frameworks to adapt to the evolving environment.
- Leading research on latest portfolio risk management approach and drive the development of relevant frameworks for the Fund.
- Driving digitalisation of relevant functions in the department.
- Ensuring that the Fund's investment portfolios remain in compliance with their Investment Guidelines at all times.
- Ensuring compliance with the Fund’s strategic asset allocation and its investment mandates.
- Overseeing and reviewing budgeting, finance and accounting functions and operations for the Fund. Ensure that the Fund's financial accounts are constantly maintained and kept up-to-date, and ready for audit.
- Ensuring compliance with the reporting standards for accounting and performance reports to MINDEF management and other government agencies. Oversee the production the cash and accrual accounting for the Fund’s sub-portfolios and the overall Fund for Parliament and SAVER-Premium members.
- Ensuring the submission of regular performance and risk reports to the Board, and to management as required.
- Overseeing and review custodial operations / performance and maintains oversight over the Fund assets held by custodian bank.
You must have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting/ Finance/ Business Administration/ Economics/ Engineering
- At least 8 years working experience, preferably in managing operations or middle office investment functions
- A good understanding of accounting to effectively oversee the function. Accounting experience and/or knowledge will be an advantage
You must demonstrate ability to engage senior level management and possess good written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills, as well as strong understanding of financial and investment products. Appointment will be commensurate with your experience.
If you are interested, kindly make an application via https://go.gov.sg/dxoapplicationform. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.