1. Support the team / department in the day-to-day activities and in the development of new / maintenance and termination of existing Intermediaries / end-client relationships, e.g. efficient, prompt and error free:
2. Strive to increase efficiency in the daily business operations.
3. Provide Service Excellence (with a focus on both quantitative and qualitative criteria) to the team, our Intermediaries and their end clients.
4. Ensure regular contact with assistants of our intermediaries to discuss measures to improve operational shortcomings and deepen the relationship with a focus on easing the burden with regards to daily administrative tasks.
5. Actively listen to your clients, intermediaries and end-clients, to identify their needs and thus helping the team / department to provide meaningful solutions to deliver performance against client’s objectives.
People / Team
1. Actively engage and collaborate with staff, peers and superiors at VPB and tap into specialist know-how from other departments (e.g. Investment Advisory, Operations, Credit) as well as other Intermediary teams in other locations of the bank, to support the Team/department to leverage on cross-selling opportunities and expand your own internal network.
2. Actively share best practice, whether from mistakes or success stories.
3. Act as a role-model at all times.
4. Help to coach new joiners.
5. Support marketing events, gifts, seminars and workshops of the bank
6. Ensure proper back-up and desk coverage at all times for yourself and the team/department as a whole, including allowing for sufficient time for hand-over of pending tasks where necessary.
7. Keep yourself abreast about developments in the financial industry in general, and the intermediaries business in particular, including, but not limited to, attending mandatory trainings and courses of the bank and Industry (see Risk & Compliance).
8. Continuously maintain professional competency appropriate to individual and team responsibilities, and commit to continuous learning to ensure your knowledge, skills and expertise are up to date.
9. Attend and contribute actively at all regular and ad-hoc team meetings and participate in workgroups (as appointed from time to time).
1. Support the achievement and/or improvement of the team/department KPI, according to overall business plans /KPI framework of the branch, with a particular focus on the cost side by preventing operational losses and developing an in-depth understanding of and adherence to risk and compliance guidelines.
2. Avoid financial losses.
3. Assist the Account Managers with price realization, with a focus on reduction of discounts.
Risk & Compliance
1. At all times ensure compliance with the Group’s Framework Directives, Local Directives & Procedure Manuals (including Cross-border rules), Group and Location specific Governance Standards & Control Frameworks. . Local (and International, where applicable) laws, regulations and guidelines (including the Private Banking Code of Conduct, with focus on best practice and transparency).
2. Make sure your knowhow of compliance, regulatory expectations and risk management standards is at the highest level and up-to-date at all times. Activities impacting clients and markets are fair and protect our reputation. You apply the ‘verify-if-in-doubt’ principle.
3. Fulfill the regulatory requirement for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to obtain and maintain all relevant certifications.
4. Effectively manage your own and the risk objectives of the team/department by applying ‘right first time approach’.
5. Pro-actively, approach your line management to highlight risks and (colleagues’ or clients’) actions and behavior that concern you or appear unusual to you.
6. Make sure that orders are accurately executed and order placement is properly documented and authorized.
7. Make sure that payment instructions are executed in line with the bank’s policies on verification of authenticity and corresponding call-back procedures.
8. Escalate issues and complaints to direct superior immediately and implement remediation measures timely according to the bank’s guidelines.
9. Assist the team/department to conduct thorough KYC/CDD procedures on all Intermediaries and their clients upon on-boarding and during regular annual reviews.
10. Make sure that all documentation is accurate and up-to-date, reflecting the latest bank and/or industry standards.
11. Adhere to credit conditions and assist the team/department to manage any shortfalls, margin calls and close-outs diligently, with discipline and the necessary sense of urgency.
12. Abide by Clear Desk Policy.
13. In particular, you enhance risk management by contributing to a strong risk culture in the team including constructively challenging ineffective rules, processes and controls, escalating any concerns.