Assistant Manager - Digital Product Development Team
The Digital S/W Engineer Analyst 2 is a developing professional role. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team. Responsibilities:
- Write code on one or more development platforms to deliver part or all of a feature, under guidance from senior engineers.
- Respond to problems, questions, or situations by applying established criteria to directly influence development outcomes. In doing so, use the right technology to solve technical challenges required to deliver all or part of small scale features and functions and / or supporting aspects of a larger program efforts.
- Have responsibility for applications systems analysis and programming activities that may include inputs to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs.
- Accountable for development, design, construction, testing and implementation and write secure, stable, testable and maintainable code.
- Operate with autonomy, while some oversight and direction may be required.
- Engage in digital applications development, risk technology, Middleware, Mainframe applications, Non Mainframe applications, Analytic Model Development and Application support activities to meet specific business needs of user areas and to test systems to ensure integrity of deliverables.
- Expected to provide sound understanding of application development concepts and principles and a basic knowledge of concepts and principles in other technology areas.
- On occasion, may need to consult with users, clients and other technology groups on issues and recommend programming solutions for customer exposed systems.
- Understand the functionality of the systems involved with projects. This includes the applications/services, runtime operations, and maintenance.
- Understand the business context and the associated customer use cases.
- Understand your technologies for your features and are able to evaluate system designs and architecture while participating in solution discussions, development and the creation of application / systems documentation.
- Participate in design sessions to gain an understanding of the context for design decisions and provide inputs for making these design decisions.
- Expected to seek guidance from peers and / or manager for items not outlined in our operating procedures.
- Provide inputs for building project development schedules.
- Provide inputs for feature prioritization, highlight technical dependencies between deliverables and help the scrum team reach consensus with the product owner.
- Verbal and written communication is clear and concise.
- Have good working relationships with team members, manager, and peers.
- Provide inputs to help improve development related processes that accelerate delivery, drive innovation, lower costs, and improve quality.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Mobile application development lead would develop, implement and troubleshoot / certify mobile applications to meet our growing application needs. The ideal candidate must mobile-app functional experience and familiar with testing and requirement methodologies in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from highly skilled and experienced global team members
- Opportunity to work on challenging environment, technologies and banking technology space.
- 2 years in an Apps Development role. Demonstrated execution capabilities.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
- Experience in running high traffic, distributed, cloud based services
- Experience in affecting large culture change
- Experience leading infrastructure programs
- Skilled at working with third party service providers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills while being process orientated
- Experience in Banking domain - functional experience of how banking applications work would be a great plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office products and understanding of UNIX operating system and shell programming skills will be an added advantage
- Flexible and able to manage time effectively
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision and ensuring the detail is of high priority
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
- Ability to handle high stress and pressure situations
- Self-motivating and delivery focused individual
- Educational requirements: Bachelors of Engineering/Technology/Science degree in Computer Science or related field
- Language requirements (including proficiency levels for speaking, reading, and writing): English
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .