Assistant Manager, Financial Risk & Capital Management (Risk Management)
Income's Risk Management department serves as the company's 2nd line of defence to safeguard the company's financial position and reputation. The department consists of 3 sections: Financial Risk & Capital Management; Risk Governance & Operational Risk; and Investment Compliance & Performance Analytics. We frequently partner with other departments to assess, manage and monitor the risks that Income faces.
You will be part of the Financial Risk & Capital Management team, which is responsible for production of Income's ORSA, setting the risk appetite, performing capital budgeting, monitoring and reporting financial risks, maintaining oversight of credit risk and model risk, development and maintenance of the team's financial models, and performing other financial risk assessments.
In this role, you will:
- Utilize Prophet ALS and Python as tools for assessment of Income's projected capital solvency level based on stochastic stimulations
- Participate in the analysis and setting of risk appetite which focuses on assessing risks and its impact to company's solvency level under RBC2
- Provide insights of company's risk profile, identify key risks and assess impacts on capital
- Perform annual review of minimum regulatory capital growth rate
- Perform annual review of capital budgeting, recommend the optimal risk budget allocation for risk utilization monitoring in the Enterprise Risk Management dashboard
- Drive model/coding enhancements to be complied with regulatory requirement changes and to improve model efficiency
- Conduct product risk reviews and have a keen eye for details for financial risk the company may need to undertake
- Work closely with investment team to identify the emerging financial risk
- Provide expertise and support to the risk management team and other departments such as Actuarial and Finance in capital management related topics
- Degree in Actuarial Science or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in actuarial valuation, financial risk, or capital management areas within insurance industry
- Proficient in data analysis, statistical modelling and creative problem-solving
- Experienced in programming, such as MS Excel/ VBA, MS Access/SQL, R-Programme & etc.
- Candidate with experience in Prophet and Python will have advantage.
- Good spreadsheet design, presentation slide preparation and report writing skills
- Eager to learn and adaptable to changing work requirements
- Team player and good communication skill