Assistant Manager/ Manager, Finance
- Basic Salary + Allowances + Variable Bonus
- Permanent, Full time
- Direct Asia Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- 04 Jan 18 2018-01-04
We are looking for a hands-on leader responsible for the timeliness and quality of finance operational duties and financial reporting deliverables.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee the daily finance operational matters relating to claim payments, vendor payments, premium collections and premium refunds.
- Lead and guide team members to resolve complex operational and system issues.
- Lead the team members in revamping or automating processes for better efficiency.
- Assess cash-flow needs and perform Fixed Deposit placements in accordance with the Investment Policy.
- Assist in analysing the impact of changes to business needs, products or system features on the finance operations or financial reporting processes.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of financial reports to internal and external stakeholders, including regulators and reinsurers.
- Review, or prepare journal entries to facilitate the monthly financial closing.
- Assist in analysing month-on-month variances of the financial statements.
- Assist in implementing accounting standards or regulatory changes on the finance operations or financial reporting processes.
- Assist in managing the internal and external audits.
You may be required to perform adhoc duties from time to time.
What we are looking for?
- At least 4 years of working experience, with at least 2 years in the insurance industry.
- A degree in Accountancy/ ACCA.
- Strong knowledge on internal controls, accounting standards and MAS regulations relevant to the business. Knowledge on Reinsurance will be a bonus.
- Able to work independently and is organized and able to prioritize tasks in order to meet multiple datelines.
If this job interests you, we would love to meet you!
Join us at DirectAsia; where happier matters!