Assistant VP, Data Scientist, UOB Asset Management
Posting Date: 08-Feb-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: UOB Asset Management Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
The Digitalisation and Data is a business function that leads the transformational build, use, and deployment of the Asset Management next generation analytics capabilities and infrastructure. This exciting role will play a pivotal part that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed, and make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
- Realise tangible business benefits, through the use of advanced analytics and AL/ML solutions.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to identify opportunities using data science approach to achieve business outcomes.
- Build high-performance algorithms, predictive, analytics and data models.
- Design, develop and assist in deploying practical end to end AI and analytics solutions for business teams across the organisation.
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of Analytics / Data Science working experience.
- Hands-on experience and proven development work in building practical end-to-end commercial AI / ML Solutions from SK Learn / TensorFlow and associated technologies/framework, including data management / ETL.
- Strong knowledge of AI, Machine Learning and its algorithms / techniques (including NLP), Data Architecture, Data Warehouse, Data Model & Business Intelligence.
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud Technologies (e.g. AWS) and Big Data tools (Hadoop, Spark), Python, SQL and other Hadoop-based languages.
- Possess the ability to query and use large, robust data sets across traditional Data Warehouse, Hadoop platforms.
- Proficiency in use of analytics and BI tools (e.g. Qilksense).
- Fast learner, enjoy analytical work with attention to details and proactive in providing solutions.
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within an organization, fostering collaboration internally/externally with vendors and staff.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills; is process oriented and organized.
- Good work ethnics, interpersonal and communication skill and is able to communicate ideas, both in written and verbal, in a clear, concise and professional manner; including technical writing skills.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.