Assistant VP / Manager, IT Contract Specialist (1 year Contract), Group Technology & Operations
Posting Date: 07-Jan-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Support IT contracts review, negotiations and IT initiatives across the Bank, working in close collaboration with the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (SSP) colleagues and IT stakeholders to optimize the value from the supply market.
- Foster effective collaboration and ensure strong communication lines with key stakeholders and colleagues in and across the countries to work towards shared business goals.
- Ensure compliance to UOB policies, standards/guidelines.
- Identify opportunities for improvement from an end-to-end perspective across Strategic Sourcing & Procurement function.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree from any recognised University or recognised establishment (Business, Finance, Engineering or accounting will be beneficial)
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant working experience in driving IT sourcing engagements and negotiating supplier contracts.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) and interpersonal skills to positively influence people to make the appropriate decisions and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Performance-driven balanced with ability to collaborate effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Process-oriented and with good problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity of working with e-Sourcing tools and systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and support different projects simultaneously and respond to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and take initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills, meticulous and attention to details
- Candidates who do not meet the minimal qualifications/experience may still apply if you possess the right aptitude and learning attitude to grow and develop a career in strategic procurement with the Bank. Training will be provided to the right candidate(s).
Apply now and make a difference.