Assistant Vice President-Mortgage Credit Underwriter
The Credit Maintenance Senior Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for capturing and recording data on credit exposures, obligors and facilities in relevant credit systems in coordination with the Operations - Services team. The overall objective of this role is to coordinate and maintain data quality in credit systems, monitor and report credit exposure, escalate deficiencies and recommend delinquent strategies in alignment with overall credit policies. Responsibilities:
- This role serves as second signer to mortgage loans up to S$ 2million (usd 1.5). In this role, he/she will perform the checker role and ensure all the regulatory and corporate requirements for mortgage underwriting are complied to including verification of source of income, developer/buyer-seller contracts, collateral acceptability, regulatory TDSR, verification of other properties owned, tenor and cash% requirements.
- He/She will also serve as POC for the 6 sales managers (with their teams) for any discussions/disputes on loan structure, quantum and credit decision. The successful candidate will also act as the SME to handle complex mortgage scenarios including use of EFA (eligible financial assets) as income surrogate, part-purchase, bridging loan and constructions loans and train new/junior staff as we grow the mortgage business.
- Apply in-depth knowledge and contribute to the development of new techniques and processes
- Assume informal/formal leadership role within teams as well as coach and train new recruits
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Operations - Services Job Family:
Credit Maintenance Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting