Assistant Vice President - Agency Propositions & Portfolio Management (ILP Funds)
You are responsible to provide value-add investment and fund services for the different distribution channels, and render strong support to manage the success of investment-linked products (ILP). The Job
- Support the Team Lead to develop and generate ILP fund ideas/ strategies to suit the ILP products of the different distribution channels for their various customer segments
- Manage the investment related contents of fund details and product highlights sheets, semi-annual and annual-reports of the ILP funds and commentaries on markets and funds
- Provision of fund related information including liaison with external fund managers for training purposes on funds
- Work to ensure ILP products and funds are in compliance to regulatory requirements, company policies and risk functions
- Responsible for process related implementations on ILP funds
- Comb through the databases to avail relevant fund information for investment team to conduct due diligence exercises and evaluate the shortlisted fund managers
- Manage and coordinate the fund notifications from external fund managers
- Coordinate with various relevant stakeholders within GEL to facilitate the Investment Agreements and relevant contractual obligations with external fund managers
- Manage the queries from distribution channels relating to ILP funds
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and take appropriate steps to mitigate the risks
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company
- Highlight any potential concerns/ risks and proactively share best risk management practices
About Great Eastern
- University Degree with qualification in Actuarial Science, Insurance, Finance or Marketing related disciplines
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in fund/ investment operations and management
- Possess strong traits of analytical-minded, strong technical knowledge on financial and insurance concepts and have good quantitative abilities
- Be curious and driven to explore new areas, experiment new ways in the journey to enhance Great Eastern's proposition to our customers
- Action and project oriented individual with focus on improvement and change and ability to work under pressure or tight timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- High level of integrity, take accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork
- Take initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-KY1
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with "@greateasternlife.com". Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.