Singapore Corporate Banking Department - Business Coordination
Overview of Division/Department
Our Business Coordination (BCD), a member of the Singapore Corporate Banking Division, provides business support to Relationship Managers and corporate clients on banking-related applications and transactions. Hence, they are responsible for the preparation and documentation of credit applications, as well as coordinating with our compliance team on Customer Due Diligence (CDD). Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
- To perform internal control in front office based on internal procedures, Head Office procedures, local regulations as well as Japan regulations/Laws.
- Internal control consists of risk control within the department e.g. Operational Risk, Compliance risk, Credit Risk and Documentation Risk.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls.
- To identify inherited risk and recommend solutions to management in front office.
- Monitoring of key control in first line of defense within the department e.g. Intra- office inspection, prevent sanction related issues, KYC, etc.
- Assist and provide explanation on procedures and controls to Front Office as and when necessary.
- To conduct briefing and training to Front Office whenever there is new regulation, policy or any information that need RM to know.
- To prepare internal report for Head Office reporting based on Head office instructions.
- To take initiative for the achievement of operation efficiency and strengthen control
- Business partners of Front Office, Compliance Dept, AML Dept, Audit Dept, Credit Dept, IT Dept, Operation Dept, Planning Dept in Singapore Branch as well as the similar function in Head Office.
- At least 7 years of banking experience
- Knowledge in KYC, compliance, internal control of the Bank
- Knowledge in Operational Risk
- Proficiency in Japanese Language is required as this role includes liaising with counterparts in head office Japan.
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"