Assistant Vice President Business Financial Crime and Regulatory Risk - HSBC Insurance
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an AVP, Business Financial Crime and Regulatory Risk.
- Assist to engage with stakeholders across Insurance, Functions at local level to translate Global Insurance Financial Crime & other regulatory or policy strategy for effective local execution strategy and implementation plans, identifying potential cross-group and local impacts.
- Prepare MI via data extraction, data management and analysis of customer FC risk, tags and categories for review and reporting. The FCR data are key to provide management key information for assessment and decision making.
- Review the reasonableness of data for accuracy and completeness to ensure meaningful and timely escalation triggers to operations team to perform customer due diligence, categorisation, tagging and exits review.
- Ascertain the effective governance structures are in place to enable oversight, control and monitoring of strategy execution and implementation plans.
- Assist to engage with stakeholders locally to identify themes/emerging issues for Financial Crimes & other regulatory or policy across Insurance functions and businesses.
- Execute effective operations of channel accounts set up & management within L400 & Jade systems for accurate and timely payment of commissions. Oversee commission related set up, refresh, and testing to support product development and changes.
- Execute the operations and management of business arising from legacy run-off business from agency channels.
- Take personal responsibility and be vigilant against financial crimes when carrying out duties and responsibilities.
- Know all relevant FCC policies and procedures, and know when to escalate concerns or unusual activities.
- Assist and support on opportunities to drive improvements in Insurance capability to maintain oversight of Financial crime services and regulations applicable performed within the Insurance business.
- Assist to engage with stakeholders locally to identify themes/emerging issues across Insurance functions and businesses.
- Support to provide constructive challenge to existing practices/proposed initiatives and generate new and innovative solutions to address complex issues facing local Insurance.
- Research and assist in the application of external market knowledge and benchmarks and internal benchmarks and insights to identify opportunities to improve performance and practices.
- Assist in the interface between the Insurance business community and COO on all Financial Crime & other regulatory or policy topics.
- Assist to leverage on FCC infrastructure to support Insurance needs.
- Support the areas of need, assist to develop levels of awareness of available resources and mobilize existing resources to provide information support to the protection of the Insurance Franchise against all aspects of Financial Crime.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
- Educated to degree level in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Technology or related field.
- Good record of operational excellence and change execution.
- Proven ability to manage data extraction, MI analytics, investigate issues and solve compliance anomaly.
- Experience of managing Audit or Internal Control teams.
- Demonstrable insurance business knowledge.
- Able to plan, track and control operational activities.
- Understanding of HSBC strategy, organisation, systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Drive and motivation to ensure delivery in a challenging environment.
- Track record of positive interactions across the business and functions.
- Proven ability to articulate issues concisely in the language of the business.
- Relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently across cultures in the organization.
- A strong team player and able to work with other business and functional team members and line managers.
- Proven behaviour to do the right thing, take accountability personally, demonstrating good time management & commitment to the assigned deliverables.
- Minimum of two years proven and progressive risk and control analysis and planning experience within a reporting, project management function or equivalent.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.