Assistant Vice President, Client Services - HSBC Securities Services
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Vice President, Client Services.
In this role, you will
- Reporting to Head of Direct Custody and Clearing Singapore, you will plan, direct and control the servicing of existing direct custody clients under your portfolio
- You will manage and develop relationships with clients. This will involve preparing for and presenting during client Request for Proposals and due diligence visits.
- You will manage the onboarding of new clients, develop client service plans and programmes in conjunction with regional offices and implement service improvement initiatives on a continual basis in response to client needs
- To maintain and strengthen our position as a leading sub custodian in Singapore, you will be responsible for ensuring that responses to client queries and presentations are of a consistently high standard and within the service level standards agreed with clients.
- You will be expected to maintain a high level of networking with clients, Sub Custody offices across our network and other divisions for business development opportunities and market intelligence.
You will prepare quality Service Level Agreements, Request For Proposals and presentation materials sent to clients
- You will analyse client transactional activity to make recommendations on fee reviews and proposals
- You will proactively advise clients of market developments in a timely and accurate manner.
- To maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Responsible for managing operational risk, including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with the framework laid down by group.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University graduate with experience in the securities industry and in broker dealer back office outsourcing
- A thorough knowledge of the Singapore securities market practices and procedures, settlement, clearing and corporate action processes.
- Sound analytical skills. Effective presentation and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to project to the customers
- Change orientation and the ability to cope with pressure in a fast evolving environment
- Ability to exhibit an above par discipline in managing an end to end customer service and build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- A team player with positive learning attitude
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AFY7
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited