Assistant Vice President, Compliance
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Mizuho Bank
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Compliance
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Overview of Division/Department
Our Compliance (CPL), a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, is in charge of formulating and maintaining the compliance framework to ensure our compliance with internal and external regulations.
(Internal corporate title: Assistant Manager)
Your roles and responsibilities include:
- Acts as C ompliance Partner to IT Department ("Designated Unit") in providing guidance on compliance matters and conducts risk assessments on new products/services/businesses, and liaise with the Designated Unit in the performance of annual Compliance Risk Assessment.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry practices, and (where applicable) provide updates to the Designated Unit and support it in the assimilation of new/changes in regulations.
- Promote awareness of rules, regulations and industry guidelines by, amongst others, developing and conducting compliance training.
- Assist the Designated Unit in enhancing their Compliance control framework by identifying areas of weakness, advising and providing recommendations and guidance to the Designated Unit so as to improve/ rectify any weakness identified.
- Be able to support the Manager in identifying and reporting all risk and compliance issues and breaches. Ensure timely escalation of concerns to Management and Head Office (as appropriate).
- Provide general support to the Compliance team, particularly in Technology Risk Compliance.
- Collaborate with respective teams in the Compliance section in ad-hoc compliance related projects.
- Assist in the development, implementation, review and revision of Compliance Manual, Compliance Risk Management Manual and Internal Operation Procedures.
- (Where applicable) Participate in Compliance Committee Meeting, Compliance Forum and any other committees, forums or dialogue sessions as part and parcel of the Bank's overall compliance and monitoring framework.
What you should have:
- A Bachelor Degree with at least 7 years of compliance experience and at least 3 years in a corporate/commercial bank.
- Prior experience in compliance regulatory work is preferred, and having a good understanding on regulatory requirements relating to technology risk and outsourcing will be an advantage.
- Experienced in compliance advisory work with a can-do and will-do attitude are skills and attributes which will help the candidate perform well in this role.