Reporting to Head of Market Data Products, this is a product management, delivery and development role to grow the suite of Market Data products and platforms at SGX. A team contributor with responsibility to define strategies to support and drive the growth and development of new market data products/solutions as well as managing, improving and growing existing products.
The position requires one with a thorough and detailed understanding of the market data landscape preferably with at least 5 years’ work experience with a market data vendor, an exchange or from a similar role within a financial institution in a capacity that is largely business focused. Domain knowledge of trading systems and financial ecosystem is fundamental. The ideal candidate must also possess a strong commercial acumen, be an innovative thinker with solid analysis skills.
- Project ownership from inception to delivery and the management.
- Manage, enhance and identify new opportunities for existing data products to grow P&L
- Develop, implement and commercialize new data products/solutions
- Manage/own projects that are data-related from inception to delivery i.e. coordination and planning, building and testing activities
- Manage business, client and vendor liaisons
- Manage communication, adoption and adherence to SGX market data policies
- Degree in Banking & Finance / Business
- Thorough and detailed understanding of the market data landscape including but not limited to data usage and reporting, market data policies etc.
- At least 5 years’ work experience with a market data vendor, an exchange or from a similar role within a financial institution in a capacity that is largely business focused
- Strong business acumen
- Client-facing experience
- Some experience in product development/project management preferred
- TEC savvy – to be conversant with the technical intricacies of data feeds and delivery mechanisms, to be fairly abreast of the latest IT developments including but not limited to cloud hosting, API offerings and to be able to work independently on technical solutions and processes
- Effective interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Process oriented
- Highly resourceful and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment