Assistant Vice President, Risk Governance (1 year contract)
- Support the design, implement and regular reporting of an overall risk management framework tailored to the relevant audience.
- Perform risk assessment using business data to assess current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the business
- Understand the operating environments of different jurisdictions to ensure effective roll-out of risk governance framework.
- Provide timely and regular reporting such as monitoring and tracking statuses of audit/dispensations to management.
- Build a highly risk aware culture within the business through training programs and best practices sharing.
- Keep abreast of emerging risks and identify early warning signs, work with business units to take pre-emptive measures to control the risks effectively.
- Identify process gaps and propose improvements when necessary.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to promote an efficient and cohesive work environment.
*LI-JW Qualifications Educational and Work Experiences:
- Diploma or Degree holders aspiring to develop a career in risk management
- Working experience in consumer banking for at least 5 years and has a good understanding of regulatory requirements governing consumer banking business.
- Past experiences in audit/risk management is preferred.
- Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders to adopt best industry practices
- Ability to work independently with or without direction and/or supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask. Flexibility and adaptability in work approach.
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentially.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with a broad range of people and roles.
- Accept responsibility and personal accountability.