Assistant / Vice President, Group Risk Management - Risk Analytics (Model Validation)
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 20 Jan 18
Assistant / Vice President, Group Risk Management - Risk Analytics (Model Validation)Responsibilities
- Validate all types of Credit Risk, Market Risk Models and related Enterprise Wide Risk Management Models.
- Highlight to Management the areas of risk and weaknesses in the models and document the whole validation reviews. This includes the quantitative and qualitative aspects of the model development, validation and stress testing.
- Provide regular advice and guidance to counterparts in the regional subsidiaries.
- Keep up to date with academic, technical and industry developments in the field of risk model design, development, validation and stress testing, and general regulatory requirements.
- Continual enhancements to assessment procedures necessary to validate model parameters and performance.
- A degree holder with at least 5 years relevant experience as a quantitative analyst in a risk management environment and/or model developer capacity.
- Candidates should have either a Masters or a Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Financial Engineering or Applied Finance with a good working knowledge of statistics, stochastic processes, probability and measure theory, stochastic calculus, financial product modeling and numerical methods.
- Holders of CFA/FRM/PRM have added advantage.
- Proficient in VBA/C++/SPSS/SAS and most Microsoft offices software.
- Familiar with Basel II and local/overseas regulatory requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to work with internal managers and external regulators.
- A team player who is also able to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.