We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
Data Solutions is responsible to provide best-in-class data stewardship on asset level data and drive data governance standards in collaboration with business and enterprise stakeholders. Partnering with colleagues from investment, technology and investment services groups, it leads the transformational sourcing, designing, build and use of the next generation of data management capabilities and infrastructure for GIC's Private Market business.
We are hiring an Associate/AVP, Data Solutions, this role will play a pivotal part to take private market data solutions to the next level through use of latest data and technology, and establishment of high data governance standards. Responsibilities
- You will play an important role in structuring and driving implementation of new data solution projects and ensure high standards of delivery of solutions for the private market business in GIC.
- Involve in data projects at enterprise level and engage with business and enterprise to drive quality discussions to achieve data strategy objectives.
- Design, develop and implement sustainable processes and controls to ensure consistent high standards of data quality and governance.
- Review existing processes and implement improvements to achieve robust ways of processing data and advancement in productivity.
- Execute required data management activities to onboard data into the GIC environment, including handling of operational and non-routine queries/requests from business users and external information providers.
- Investigate and resolve data exceptions and data quality issues. Identify roadblocks in achieving high standards of data quality and design solutions to enable better outcomes.
- At least 4 to 7 years of relevant experience in data solutioning and management, project management and process re-engineering.
- With Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science & Engineering, Finance or equivalent.
- Exposure to financial services industries, specifically private markets is a huge bonus.
- Possess knowledge and strong passion in data governance and management.
- Ability to engage with business to understand business needs and translating them into data solutions.
- Strong communication and people engagement skills to be able to interact internally within team and externally across functions.
- Possess strong learning agility, self-driven, pro-active, and great sense of purpose to relook on existing data usage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, VBA, SQL and basic programming.
- Exposure or knowledge in data visualization tool, Tableau or data blending & preparation tool, Alteryx is an advantage.
- Comfortable in attaining new skills through use of new technology tools and systems.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large volume of data.