Associate/Senior Associate, Business Finance, Regional Private Bank, Group Finance
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position,
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions – whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
- Partner with Wealth business in developing a deep understanding of key performance drivers in order to provide independent inputs on business trends.
- Facilitate fact-based discussion on key business issues underpinning profitability and productivity.
- Help business identify profitable opportunities and areas for collaboration within the Bank.
- Provide business finance support for new projects and initiatives (e.g. new product launches, system enhancements, and strategic cost management).
- Plan, implement or improve finance system and processes to increase growth of private bank business and reduce manual processes
- Support monthend activities – accruals, MIS adjustments, GLAO, etc.
- Management reporting – Monthly Performance Analysis, Weekly Flash and Quarterly Forecasting, Annual Budgeting, etc looking at product level, in areas of revenue, margins, volumes, direct and allocated expenses, headcount
- Produce relevant monthly performance reports at RM/Client/Marketing Team/Product level to help to support the business
- Provide commentaries on MoM, YoY, QoQ variances and vs Budget
- Work closely with Country business finance teams and Group MIS/Policy/Tax/Financial Accounting/Capital teams for monthly submission of actual, flash, forecast and budget
- Provide advice and support to business with regards to accounting policy and financial controls. Implement new or changes in Accounting policies and Regulations and monitor adherence, where applicable to the business
- Coordinate with Business, Operations, Technology and Finance partners to ensure that business transactions are properly recorded
- Work with relevant support units on allocated cost management
- Degree in Accountancy and/or Computing is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in management reporting and data analytics
- Good knowledge of financial products and services, preferably in the Wealth business
- Meticulous, detailed, hands on with good aptitude for numbers and strong analytical skills. Comfortable dealing with high volume of data and financial numbers
- Team player with good interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Comfortable in dealing with senior business stakeholders
- Well-versed in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Hyperion tools and Essbase. Possessing SQL/Macro skills is an advantage.
- A self-starter, independent and be able to thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- Highly driven
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.