Associate – Systems Engineer ( Monitoring and Automation)
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Description of Duties
- This position will develop, administer and evolve strategies of our enterprise monitoring and automation tools.
- Working with support teams to help define and build out appropriate monitoring strategies.
- Administers monitoring applications and takes ownership of performance, availability and capacity planning.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new technologies and provides a roadmap for future monitoring capabilities.
- Assists with planning and executing disaster recovery solutions and business continuity planning for our monitoring tools.
- Gather requirements and collaborates with other platform teams around application integration with monitoring tools through the build out of analytics (reporting), visualization (dashboards), and alerting (correlation).
- Provides on-call support of our monitoring toolsets.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Good analytics ability, strong judgement and the ability to work independently.
Experience requirements: ( 5 - 8 years)
- 5+ years of system administration experience with Unix/Linux based operating systems and strong Microsoft skills.
- 5 years of experience in handling Enterprise monitoring management for both network and servers. HPOM, SCOM and HP NNM.
- Familiar with Splunk, SQL, and/or metrics (Prometheus, Statsd, CollectD, InfluxDb and OVPM) knowledge is a plus.
- Familiarity with at least one version-control system.
- Strong communication ( oral and written) and documentation skills.
Desirable additional experience of the following
- HP NNM/NA
- HP Openview
- Good teamwork across multiple locations (US, EMEA and APAC)
- A team player, and can also work on own initiative
- Ability to work under tight timelines and pressure
- Makes timely and effective decisions and works well in a team environment
- The position will be required to work on shifts and on call. These shifts and on call will also cover the weekends.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years comparative industry experience
- Certifications a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.