Asia & Oceania Operation Platform Department - Productivity and Quality Management
Overview of Division/Department
MIZUHO Innovation Centre is a strategic innovation team within Mizuho Corporate Banking, combining technology excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. It is a new team to provide game-changing solutions in close collaboration with Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office, FinTech customers and other internal Banking units. By exploring unconventional ideas and developing inspiring proofs of concepts, we push the state of the art in computer science and its applied fields to provide Mizuho with foresight into future trends.
This team will sit outside of the Mizuho's IT department, but will still work closely with members from that department. Reason for the formation of this team outside of IT is because the IT Department has to support the entire bank (including infrastructure, Support, security, BAU etc) and may not have the bandwidth or expertise to dedicate resources to the Asia & Ocenia Operation Platform Department.
Mizuho runs a Corporate Banking (with quasi-investment Banking) business here in Singapore. Singapore is the regional HQ while Japan is the global HQ with approximately 850 staff locally. Mizuho covers all major Corporate Banking products including Loans, Treasury, Cash, Trade, Treasury, Syndications etc. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
Development of innovative machine learning algorithms.
Development of Data Analytics dashboards. Job Requirements Requirements (1 Data Scientist Developer - Productivity and Quality Management):
- Passion to work in an Innovation Team
- Graduate or Postgraduate or Doctorate degree holder in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or equivalent.
- 6 to 12 years of working experience of which at least 3 years in the data mining or text mining and machine learning on large amount of data, building and implementing various statistical models.
- Proficient in Python, R. Experience in big data technology stack is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning framework (scikit-learn, Spark MLlib etc).
- Relevant experience in implementation of machine learning algorithm, Text Analytics, deep learning process or Natural Language Programming.
- Experience on AWS Cloud Platform or Azure.
- Familiar with Agile practice.
- Experience with collaborating with FinTech is a plus.
- Knowledge of Blockchain, Mobile app development, system stream lining using RPA is a plus.
- Corporate banking knowledge is a plus.
- the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Has a can-do, getting buy-in, changing mindset, Inspiring the Hearts and innovative attitude.