Associate - Operational Risk Analyst - Singapore
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
The management of operational risk is a key business priority for Nomura and is vital to the successful delivery of the firm’s strategy. The AeJ operational risk team has responsibility for the development of operational risk management for the region, including: •Delivering a set of operational risk products and services (framework) to support the business and corporate areas’ management of operational risk •Developing and refining tools and templates to allow effective collection, review and use of operational risk information •Working with Operational Risk Co-ordinators across functions to embed an operational risk culture throughout the organisation
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
The management of operational risk is a key business priority for Nomura and is vital to the successful delivery of the firm’s strategy. The AeJ operational risk team has responsibility for the development of operational risk management for the region, including:
- Delivering a set of operational risk products and services (framework) to support the business and corporate areas’ management of operational risk
- Developing and refining tools and templates to allow effective collection, review and use of operational risk information
- Working with Operational Risk Co-ordinators across functions to embed an operational risk culture throughout the organisation
In order to support delivery of these priorities, an opportunity exists for an Operational Risk Analyst to:
- Work across a broad spectrum of Global Markets/ Wealth Management businesses and corporate functions in Asia ex Japan.
- Produce key operational risk reports and develop stakeholder relationships associated with, including Heads of Business / Corporate Management
- Identify, assess, measure and mitigate risks in a transparent and accountable format
- Develop specific aspects of the operational risk framework as required
- Assist in developing and executing control testing plan
- Key Deliverables of the role will involve the following:
- Production of monthly Aggregated Risk Profiles for Wealth Management and Corporate functions in Asia ex Japan and Country reporting packs for Singapore and AEJ
- Review and assist documenting with embedded first line risk and control managers on the adequacy of the risk and control environment through facilitation of Risk and Control Self Assessments, Operational Risk Deep-Dives, Incident Analysis and Key Risk Indicator reporting.
- Assist with identifying key trends, issues and other insights requiring further investigation and following up with the business through challenging assessments and ensuring regional trends are adequately explored
- Assistance with Regulatory, Internal and External Audit questions/requests across Singapore and AEJ
- Supporting the on-going development of operational risk practices and framework and be involved in global, regional and local projects as part of the firm’s expansion
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Wealth Management and other corporate functions across AeJ
- Assist to develop and implement control plan testing
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as requested
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in financial services institutions, preferably in a risk or control related function. Knowledge on ORM frameworks will be preferred
- Knowledge of the Financial Markets industry will be preferred
- Good analytical skills and ability to articulate issues in terms of risk to the organisation will be preferred.
- Have good written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to establish high levels of credibility with stakeholders
- Display an understanding of key business priorities
- Display a proactive approach to operational risk management
- Willingness to be “hands on” in achieving department objectives in a timely manner.
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.