- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst 2, Sovereign
Location: SingaporeThe Role / Responsibilities:
The key function of the role is to provide analytical, statistical, research and logistical assistance to credit rating analysts covering sovereign entities and multinational development banks.
- Contribute to fundamental credit analyses related to sovereign entities and multinational development banks to help manage the team's portfolio of ratings
- Support rating analysts in monitoring a portfolio of countries, forecasting macroeconomics and monitoring economic, fiscal and political developments
- Contribute to credit-related thematic research
- Develop, monitor and maintain analytical databases
- Support credit rating analysts in: creating graphs, tables, spreadsheets and presentations, collecting and presenting data and comparative statistics, formulating ratios, preparing and retaining documentation, drafting rating committee memoranda and related documents, drafting research reports and special projects, as needed
- Actively participate in internal credit discussions and meetings with external parties, including government officials and investors.
- Assist managers and rating analysts with ongoing and ad hoc projects.
- Adhere to all applicable codes of conduct, policies, procedures and best practices
National governments are the largest capital market borrowers. Moody's Sovereign Risk Group provides ratings and research on sovereign and supranational issuers. Moody's sovereign ratings entail not only a quantitative analysis, but also a qualitative understanding of historical, political and cultural factors that do not easily lend themselves to quantification. Moody's sovereign ratings are based on a globally consistent and transparent methodological approach to assessing credit risk.
- Strong academic background - graduate degree or equivalent, preferably in Economics or International Relations; Finance, International Business and/or Public Administration may also be acceptable
- Economic research or relevant Credit Research experience is desirable
- 3+ years relevant experience in the Financial Sector, Government or Consulting; previous Macroeconomic Analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of Macroeconomic Principles
- Good quantitative skills
- Financial/statistical research capabilities
- Strong MS Office skills: principally Excel (including use of macros), Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Fluency in English is required; Chinese, other Asian languages or Russian is beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail; Highly organised and efficient; Consistently meet tight deadlines; Proactive and exercise own initiative; Work effectively and contribute within a diverse team.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.