Associate, Business Analyst, Core Banking, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Highly motivated person who can work with all levels of the organization - senior business and technology leaders, product, operations, channels, branches and finance teams, and be considered as a high-level expert in the core banking area.
- As a Senior Business Analyst, candidate will need to leverage a consultative approach to enable business teams to meet our customer and internal stakeholder needs. He / She will act as a liaison between the business client and technical organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems to be solved through strategic Core Banking solutions (primarily Finacle).
- Lead requirements gathering sessions to understand business problems. He / She must understand how the proposed system enhancements will address these problems while assessing impact to existing functionality and business processes
- Spearhead various mapping sessions for Interfaces, Data Migration tracks
- Be responsible for producing business requirement artefacts - including Use Cases, Business and Message Rules, User Stories, Supplemental (Non-Functional) Specifications, and collaborate with User Experience Group for User Interface Design Specifications - for the large and complex projects
- Be part of a scrum team and participate in daily stand-ups, lead grooming sessions, author user stories, attend sprint planning sessions, provide feedback in retrospectives. All deliverable should be in line with bank's GANDALF strategy
- Be engaged throughout the whole project life-cycle, from Inception through post-production Transition.
- Have a strong knowledge on across CASA, Loans, Deposits modules of Core Banking. Knowledge of Finacle will be an advantage.
- Have strong implementation knowledge on General Ledger functions on all 4 books - Assets, Liabilities, Income and Expenditures. Able to draft and explain various General Ledger behaviours in Business Events that can possibly happen during account life cycle.
- Candidates should be self-starters, able to multi-task, work well under tight deadlines, and be comfortable working with technical and business teams and should always demonstrate DBS PRIDE Values
- Demonstrate team work ethic and dynamic attitude through effective interaction with all people involved in the programme across Business, Operations and Technology Teams.
- Candidate should be ready to take up critical meetings happening over different time zones.
- Participate in teach back sessions at the platform level
- Ability to manage multiple or large technology infrastructure functions with a focus on driving complex projects requiring participation of cross-functional groups
- Experience with Agile project methodologies
- Ability to develop partnerships, negotiate and collaborate with other business and functional areas within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Conflict management and decision making skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Basic hands on experience on SQL to select and analyse the teething issues during implementations
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile framework and writing user stories
- Knowledge and understanding of Use Cases
- Ability to draft and define negative or exception cases for every user story that is being groomed
- Experience with Jira/Rally/Agile Central
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development Tools such as Cucumber, Selenium
- Ability to present effectively to both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization
- Ability to present and communicate effectively through remote virtual tools like Skype, Teams, WebEx