Associate, Client Manager
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values Looking for Associate, Client Management
The Client Manager is the pivotal relationship in the Client Delivery team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management. The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health. Reporting to the IC Client Manager Team Lead, the Client Manager will support the GAMs, RAMs or FAMs on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Provide direct support to the GAM/FAM for the assigned client portfolio as follows::
o Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (liaising with COBAM), credit monitoring (liaising with CA COE) and flow maintenance
o Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, GAMs/ RAMs/FAMs and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues/concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
o Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, COBAM, CA, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
o Escalate issues/concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the CM Team Lead for follow up as relevant
Documentation: Credit (existing deals - Renewals/Amendments) & Other *excluding credit approvals
o Liaise with Legal & Compliance, CRC, CDU and Clients on standard documentation processes
o Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard docs from the relevant authoriser as necessary
o Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
o Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
o Liaise with COBAM/GAM/FAM if required on CDD related items
Account Management & Portfolio Quality (excluding credit approvals)
o Ensure general portfolio hygiene of client data from a quality control perspective ie correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in SCI, WorkBench.
o Annotate on past dues and excesses daily in the portfolio. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and GAM/FAM.
o Review and follow up on Unsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports with Operations
o Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, Trade Offerings & Audit Confirmations
o Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities
o Seek transactional approvals as necessary (ie trade, cash) and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
o Attend ASTAR Review meeting as appropriate and participate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required.
o Provide support on ad-hoc projects as assigned and other business initiatives
o Support Network Delivery through documentation facilitation (passporting)
* Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations
* Co-ordinate with Ops/GSSC to rectify any ops related issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Form (SIFs) wherever required within authority
* Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and jointly with Credit Analyst lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
* Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
* Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
* Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Help drive the IC business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* Adhere to local regulator, MAS' prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...