- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 21 Dec 17
Associate, Compliance, Policy
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
The successful applicant will work with the Head of Policy to drive developments and implementation of Compliance Policies, procedures to ensure we have a coherent, consistent and robust approach. He/she will also work with business, product, functional Group Compliance teams to develop a coherent policy and procedure framework which is easily accessible to all employees.
Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
Support the Head of Policy to work with the Business and Group Compliance teams to ensure we have a holistic policy framework which covers all key compliance risk areas:
- Ensure all documents are published in a timely and accurate fashion
- Drive delivery of the Compliance policy by ensuring timely reviews of documents through maintaining a tracker and follow up on corresponding actions
- Assist in developing supporting papers for Committees, and obtaining required approvals;
- Support the Head of Policy to ensure all policies have clear plans for engagement, implementation, training, communications and assurance/monitoring prior to issuance
- Support the Head of Policy to draft and publish policy documentation notices and related documents that help to communicate changes between policies
- Ensure that appropriate MI is available to assure adherence to policy including MI around policy breaches, training completion and effectiveness
- Other responsibilities as directed
Apply if you have...
- At least 2 years of experience in the regulatory field or equivalent relevant legal experience.
- An understanding of the global regulatory environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to contribute in the development of new strategic frameworks, being a clear advocate for potential change and able to work in changing environments
- Personal authority, integrity and ethics
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions
- Independence, robustness and resilience
- Sharp business acumen, including the ability to assess risk
- Strong integrity, independence & resilience
- Strong relationship building skills at all levels
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..